Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Commercial and Artistic Portraits


This is my commercial picture that I used for a magazine cover.  I think that it is more commercial than artistic because the subject is holding a mascara wand, therefore she could be selling the mascara.  I used this theme to make a cover for a make-up magazine.  Then I added other subtitles under the title to attract the reader and make them want to read the rest of the magazine.  I used the color yellow because it is bright and attracts the eye.
I think that this is my best artistic portrait.  I like the blue color theme in the picture and how the pool reflects in the subject's eyes.  By looking at this picture, you can assume that the subject likes to be around the water.  The use of rule of thirds is in play with the pool cover rolled up behind her head and the pool dividers floating in the pool.  I also liked the lighting in the picture because it was very sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment